Search Engine Optimization otherwise known as SEO consists of few rules that a website or blog can follow in order to optimize their search rankings. In addition, it is also a great tool for improving the quality of the websites by making them faster, easier to locate, and user-friendly. SEO can also be called as a framework because the entire procedure is a combination of rules, different stages and control sets.
The importance of SEO in Calgary
Looking at today’s competitive market, SEO has gained more importance than ever. The search engine provides services to millions of the users every day who are there looking for a solution or answer to their question. Search Engine Optimization is important because-
- The majority of users are likely to click on one of the top searches in the search engine result pages. So if you want to attract customers towards your business, it is important that you rank high in the search engine.
- SEO is not just about optimizing search engine results, but its practice also enhances the experience of the user as well as the website usability.
- Users are likely to trust the top results for the keywords used by them. Thus, it helps in building trust of the visitors
- SEO also helps in the social promotion of the website. People who land on your page by searching on Google, Yahoo, etc. are likely to promote it on various social networking platforms such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc.
- If you are running a big website, then you would need SEO for smooth functioning. A website that has multiple authors can benefit from SEO both directly as well as indirectly. While the direct benefits include more search engine traffic, the indirect benefit has standard guidelines for publishing the website content.
- SEO is an important tool that can place you a step ahead of your competitors. It means if two websites are selling the same product or service, the more optimized website is likely to be on the top on a particular keyword. And thus it will have more sales and customers.
The Types of SEO:
- White Hat SEO: White Hat SEO uses methods and techniques to enhance the ranking on search engines of websites which run according to the guidelines of search engines. Some techniques used in White Hat SEO are website HTML optimization and restructuring, content development, acquisition of links backed by quality content and manual outreach and research. It offers steady, measured yet long lasting growth in search engine rankings.
- Black Hat SEO: Black Hat SEO looks for loopholes in the algorithm of the search engines to enhance the ranking of the website. These methods and techniques directly conflict with the guidelines of the search engines. The techniques of black hat SEO are keyword stuffing, hidden text, link spam, cloaking, and hidden links. One can expect a quick, random and short-term growth of the rankings.
The Benefits of SEO:
While there are many benefits of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), let us look at the top 5 benefits of SEO:
- More traffic to the website: When your website will be on top of the search engines, you are likely to get more clicks. Thus ranking can be a crucial factor in increasing the traffic of your website. SEO aims at creating a relevant and informative title tag and meta description that uses a keyword which ranks on the top of the search engine pages. Optimized tags and description can help you in getting more click through rates, which also enhances qualified web traffic.
- SEO is cost effective:
SEO is a cost effective marketing technique because it focuses on the customers that are searching for the products and services that you are offering.
- Optimized usability of the site:
SEO aims at making your website easier to navigate. It constantly reorganizes the architecture and links to the sites making it easier to navigate.
- Assured return on investment:
Whether you are an e-commerce website or not, SEO offers quantifiable results. Thus, there are no doubts regarding the returns.
- It creates awareness for your brand:
Top ranking in Google search engine is a notable impression, and it allows you to have an impressive exposure for the website. Additionally, ranking on the top not only allows users to relate the brand with the related keywords, but it also builds trust as the top searched are considered more trustworthy.
Now that you have a better understanding of SEO, its importance, and its benefits, you know why it has become more important in today’s market. Your business established in Calgary needs to reach more audience or else in today’s market where people have endless options your brand would not be able to stand out. With SEO you can create a brand for yourself that will help you in attracting more customers towards your website.
Stop Losing Customers to Your Competition